This week Blizzard had it´s quarterly earnings call in which they announced that WoW is back down to 7.6 million subscribers! That´s a loss of 200.000 subscribers, which is how much they had gained last quarter. Let´s not forget that 7.6 million subscribers is still an amazing number for an MMO and a game that´s nearing it´s 10 year anniversary. Other somewhat interesting tidbits from the call:
- Content updates are in development for Diablo 3
- WoD Alpha test is coming soon
- More than 10 million players have registered to Hearthstone
- It doesn’t look like Heroes of the Storm will go out of technical Alpha any time soon
In other news a small patch 5.4.8 was datamined this week with 2 buffs to help you out with the legendary chain quest grinding parts.
- Heart of the Valorous – You earn 100% additional Valor Points.
- Gaze of the Black Prince – Increases reputation gained with the Black Prince by 100%. Increases the chances his most hated foes will relinquish their Secrets of the Empire, Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power, or Titan Runestones.
Hopefully they’ll make doing the legendary quest chain on an alt somewhat bearable!
And then lastly, there will be no WoW Weekly podcast tonight, but we should be back next week!