This weekend MMO-Central and Elvine tweeted out what was said at the Dragoncon WoW panel, here is a summary of the new things we’ve learned:
- We won’t see Gnome hunters yet.
- Currently Demon Hunters start at level 98.
- Warlords was not intended as a filler expansion, but it did introduce some stuff to use in the future.
- We’ll see much more information about artifact weapons at Blizzcon.
- We might see artifacts in older content, they’re thinking about it.
- It’s too early to go into details about how dungeons will be relevant again.
- Most specs are being overhauled, some are even being renamed. They’re working on making it fit the fantasy of the spec.
- Some resources are being renamed, such as Insanity for Shadow Priests.
- There will not be a tabard tab, but the new transmog system will open up a lot of bag slots.
- The transmog system will be a user interface like in Diablo.
- Illidan will lead the demon hunters against the legion.
- Pure DPS classes will not get a tank or healing spec.
- Flying will be an expansion wide unlock.
- Still no updated Stormwind Park…
- They have plans for Jaina.
- The backpack might be updated.
- New pet battle mechanics would be in a post launch patch.
- Multistrike is being removed in Legion. Other stats will get changes.
- There will be dungeon drops for materials for professions.
- There will be no more upgrade tokens for crafted gear in Legion.
- We might get prospecting back for jewelcrafting in Legion, but it’s still being discussed.
- A new material called Obliterium will be obtained from destroying crafted items, and will be used to upgrade crafted items in Legion.
- There could possibly be an Adventure Mode in Legion.
Another dev interview has appeared, below are the new things we have learned from it.
- They are discussing what they can do with Karazhan.
- The legion is not just invading the Broken Isles, the legion will invade a bunch of different zones across the world.
- Our regular weapons aren’t enough to battle against the legion, we need the Artifacts to be able to even put a dent into them.
- They have solutions in place for loot itemization, but they are not ready to talk about it yet. They will have a good conversation with leather users.
- Alex Afrasiabi’s (Creative Director) favorite feature is something they can’t talk about yet
Check out the other sources of Legion information as well:
World of Warcraft: Legion Overview
Summary of Dev interview by Icy Veins
A lot more dev interviews
In the past 2 days more dev interviews have taken place, below is the new information that we’ve obtained per interview:
- In 7.0 they want to have the story develop in the outdoor world gameplay at level 110.
- We will get a 12th character slot.
- You can transmog over your Artifact weapon if you want to.
- The role of Illidan is something for the player to discover. The Illidan storyline will carry through the entire expansion.
- Many of the social interaction improvements are still just ideas at the moment. An example is when you and your friend are seperatly queued for the same thing, you get a pop up asking if you would like to join your friend.
- It might be possible to put moose horns on your tauren in the future, but for now there are no plans for it.
- Raiding has worked out well for Warlords, but they want to improve loot and more specifically personal loot in Legion.
- They do not know yet what type of quality the Artifact weapon will be. They have multiple ideas.
- There will be no catch up mechanics for Artifacts for alts.
- There might be a catch up mechanic for Artifacts of your different specs.
- They might not add mythic dungeons at the start of Legion.
- Challenge modes might not be added in legion. They do like them, but want to make them more accessible.
- With the demon hunter being a leather user there will now be 4 leather users and 2 mail users (in terms of classes). They feel that this is not a real problem due to the addition of personal loot. In organized raiding, the set pieces aren’t shared by all leather users so only bracers, belt and boots are left. Additionally, from a fantasy perspective it’s only right that they use leather.
- The demon hunter will get a new weapon type: the glaive. This will work out with the Artifacts for this expansion, but in future expansions they might have to go to dual wielding the existing weapon types.
- If they could go back in time perhaps rogues would have only 2 specs.
- Discipline will be focused on the atonement mechanic. They will deal damage to heal players. They’ll be more 50% damage, 50% healing compared to holy which is 100% healing.
- The expansion after Legion is already being planned.
- Legion will be released next year.
- They are not sure how Dalaran will be handled in terms of Horde vs Alliance areas.
- They do not base their decisions on the subscriber numbers. They learn lessons from what they felt they did wrong.
- They do not know what their patch plans are going to be yet for Legion.
- 6.1 was not named correctly
- Legion will offer a large content spectrum, they want to improve the endgame experience.
- They want the transmog system to be more easy to use. It should be more like a dressing room and you can see what you can still unlock.
- They find it interesting that some players don’t want Sylvanas to end up as a raid boss.
- The hunter changes will represent the most significant class changes.
- Despite the feeling that some players have that so many lore threads are being tied together in Legion, they are confident that they will have plenty of ideas for future expansions.
- While Artifacts can be transmogged into old weapons, old weapons can not be transmogged into the Artifacts.
- The new PvP system will allow them to make the game better. (PvP vs PvE tuning)
Summary of Dev interview by Icy Veins
Icy Veins got a chance to sit down with Tom Chilton and Ion Hazzikostas and ask them questions about Legion. You can find the full interview here and the summary below:
- Demon Hunters will use leather.
- You will not loot weapons in Legion, instead the artifacts will use Relic slots. These will allow the stats to improve as you kill bosses.
- Legion takes place in our universe. No alternate universe stuff.
- Karazhan “is an important place”.
- Classes and specs will be changed in Legion.
- To differentiate specs, the devs are going to try and de-homogenize the classes.
- Survival will be a melee spec with a pet.
- MM a ranged dps without pet spec.
- BM a ranged dps with pet spec.
- Demonology will be brought back to being about summoning and controlling demons.
- There is no stat squish planned for Legion.
- Professions are getting a lot of new things. The professions team is the largest it’s ever been.
- No release date yet – The full cinematic is still being worked on, it’s not quite complete yet.
- Order Halls will be very different from the Garrison.
Mamytwink Dev Interview – Hellfire Citadel the last WoD raid
Cory Stockton, lead game designer, did another interview. This time with Mamytwink. Below is a summary of new information, with the most important piece being Hellfire Citadel is most likely going to be the last raid instance for Warlords of Draenor.
- They’re working on fixing Tanaan Jungle phasing issues.
- Once fixed you will no longer hear the yell of rare mobs from other shards/phases.
- As less players play in Tanaan at the same time, the amount of shards/phases will get reduced.
- They hope to continue to improve the tech so that more players can be in the same zone at the same time.
- They want to keep server identities, they allow for moments that make you feel connected to the realm you’re on.
- Hellfire Citadel is currently planned to be the last raid instance for WoD.
- HFC is not tuned around everyone having the legendary ring.
- They want Mythic dungeons to be beneficial to not just alts, but main characters too.
- A second level of warforged will make it’s way to mythic dungeons
- To make Timewalker dungeons more rewarding they might also reward a normal mode HFC cache for completing the 5 timewalker dungeons quest.
Patch 6.2 Hotfixes – July 1
Here you’ll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft Patch 6.2.0. Hotfixes are updates made without requiring a new client-side patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require a realm restarte to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
The latest batch of hotfixes are listed below. Previous hotfixes have been compiled by category to provide a quick summary of all hotfixes that have been applied since the start of World of Warcraft Patch 6.2.0.
Tags may be added to some hotfixes to denote a special condition.
- [Requires a realm restart] means the hotfix will not take effect until after a scheduled rolling restart or maintenance.
- [Hotfix in testing] means the hotfix is in early stages of testing and may not be implemented just yet. However, the change is important and is posted to provide as much advanced notice as possible.
- Work orders for tier-2 and -3 small plot buildings now work as normal if the player skipped completing the tier-1 tutorial quests.
- Most long Naval Missions have been reduced to a time of 18 hours or less.
- For Naval Missions currently underway, mission times will not change.
- The duration of Raid-type Naval Missions has been reduced from 2 days to 4 hours. They will continue to immediately respawn if not completed.
- Gold and Apexis Crystal rewards for Naval Missions that reward those currencies have been increased.
- For Naval Missions currently underway, gold and Apexis Crystal rewards will be larger when the Mission is completed.
- Oil costs for most missions have been increased.
- For Naval Missions currently underway, Oil costs will not change.
- The amount of Oil you receive from the Oil Rig has been doubled.
- While in a raid group, players can now progress through “Upgrading The Fleet” and “Naval Domination” and increment quest credit as well as turn in the quest once completed.
- Ship Blueprint: Battleship now requires ‘friendly’ faction standing to be obtained.
- We continue to insist that the Shipyard grant players resting XP.
- Felbound Wolf now count towards the demons slain count for the quest “Demonslayer of Tanaan”.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Fel Pylons from always spawning during the quest “Assault on the Temple of Sha’naar”.
- Alliance players who accept the Gorgrond breadcrumb quest from the Adventure Guide are now given the flight point to Gorgrond.
- Completing the quest “Rumble in the Jungle” should now award the King of the Jungle buff, as intended.
- Soul Capacitor now deals 50% damage against players and player controlled creatures.
- Hunter’s Seeking Crystal should no longer take you to rare enemies you’ve already killed.
- Empowered Apexis Fragments are now Bound to Battle.net Account, allowing them to be mailed to other characters.
Dungeons and Raids
- Entering or leaving a Timewalking dungeon no longer removes tracking auras.
Socrethar the Eternal
- Sargerei Dominator now always properly shields Soul of Socrethar after becoming active.
- Archimonde will now heal for 5% of his maximum health if Nether Banish hits fewer than 3 players.
- Players can now earn the guild achievement “Kazzak Guild Run”.
Creatures and NPCs
- A Grom’kar Deadeye in Fang’rila who was respawning too fast has been taught to chill out for a while after being killed.
- The bonus roll option for Supreme Lord Kazzak now resets weekly.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from looting both Soulslicer and The Blackfang on the same day.
- Call to Arms NPCs no longer taunt bosses such as Supreme Lord Kazzak. They still have and use Taunt on other types of creatures.
- Fixed an issue where mail with attachments could not be returned to original sender.
- Fixed an issue where in-game mail from Blizzard Customer Support could not be deleted.
- Attempting to apply Naval Equipment to a Ship (e.g. Felsmoke Launcher) will now display a blue outline around valid slots where the equipment can be applied.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Adventure Journal to display alerts too frequently.
- Fixed an issue where some items that cost Alternate Currency (Mogu Rune of Fate, Ironpaw Token, etc) could not be purchased from vendors.
- Fixed an issue for Mac users where in-game resolution would not be saved properly when switching between Fullscreen and Windowed mode.