We just had the the announcement of Legion, the next WoW expansion! Here’s an overview of the most important things, you can click here to read every single detail, including per zone what was revealed.
- Level up to 110
- New continent “The Broken Isles”
- New Demon hunter class with 2 specs! 1 for dps and 1 for tanking
- 6 new zones
- Currently 9 new dungeons and 2 raids (17 bosses)
- Face off against an invasion of the legion that’s bigger than any invasion we’ve faced
- Get a special Artifact weapon that you can level up (1 weapon for each spec)
- Become the leader of your class’s Order Hall, recruit champions to aid you on the new continent
- The beta starts this year
- Dalaran will be the capital city
- There will be a new honor system for pvp that is basicly a talent system for pvp
The Cinematic showing what leads to Legion:
The features announcement video:
Some screenshots below:
We went onto the PTR again on Tuesday night (which we livestreamed) to check out the Mythic dungeons. Currently on the PTR your item level gets reduced to an average of 660, to test the difficulty of the mythic dungeons. We found that beside a few abilities that could nearly 1 shot (which need to be interrupted), the dungeons were not that hard on mythic difficulty.
What are Mythic dungeons?
One of the features coming in patch 6.2 is the Mythic dungeon difficulty. Each of the 8 Warlords of Draenor dungeons will have this difficulty. On this difficulty the bosses will drop ilvl 685 gear and they have a chance to upgrade to ilvl 700 gear. Mythic dungeons have a weekly loot lockout. This means that you can do the mythic dungeons as many times as you want, but you’ll only be eligible for loot on your first kills within the mythic dungeons every week.
There is also a weekend event to go along with this difficulty. During the Draenor dungeon weekend event you’ll be able to pick up a quest that will reward you with a heroic Hellfire Citadel cache. It will require you to do 4 mythic dungeons.
Mythic dungeons will work a lot like Challenge Modes when it comes to starting the dungeons. You will have to get together your own group as there is no random mythic dungeon queue. You can of course use the LFG tool to find a team though, as the mythic dungeons are cross realm enabled. Once you have your group together you will need to physically walk to the entrance of the dungeon and zone in. Don’t forget to put dungeon difficulty on mythic before you do so!
Blizzard had a Live Q&A on their livestream on twitch with Dave Kosak and Cory Stockton, here’s a summary of it (the VoD will be added later):
- Originally the Garrisons were really big and it didn’t feel like something you built yourself.
- You will not have access to the highest tier items with Garrison profession buildings if they are not one of your character’s professions.
- When you’re in a group you can choose whose Garrison you enter.
- Your friends can help you fight off the Garrison invasions.
- The rare mobs and treasures give you a break from regular questing.
- The max level areas will feel most like the timeless isle, they’ll be dynamic
- Every week or so you’ll get a new weekly garrison story quest.
- For the legendary ring you’ll be working with Khadgar to make it.
- There will be no pvp quests.
- There will be no rep grinds.
- You’ll be able to start the quest at lvl 98.
- Instead of dismissing followers you’ll be able to just deactivate them.
- There will be a (gold) cost for reactivating them.
- You will be able to reactivate one per day.
- Outside of the 7 racial factions if you’re a Death Knight you’ll also be able to get DK guards for your Garrison.
- You’ll need exalted with Knights of the Ebon Blade.
- The Shadow Hunters will be Vol’jins bodyguards and eyes and ears.
- Rexxar is in the max level content.
- Magtheridon will probably not be in WoD.
- The workshop will have an item called “the nuke” which has a day cooldown.
What: Create Premade Groups, run Dungeons, and 3v3 Arena groups with Blizzard employees!
When: Thursday, August 21, 2014 from 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM PDT.
Where: Level 100 PvE and Level 100 PvP Beta realms
How you’ll know they’re a Blue: Blizzard employees will be in a guild called <Blizzard Alliance> or <Blizzard Horde> respectively for the duration of the event.
How to create a Premade Group:
- For Dungeons, access the Group Finder pane (bound to I key by default.)
- Select Premade Groups –> Dungeons –> Find a Group or Start a Group
- For Arenas, access the Player vs. Player pane (bound to H key by default.)
- Select Premade Groups –> Arenas –> Find a Group or Start a Group (3v3)
If you want to learn more about improvements to Group Finder in Warlords of Draenor; check out Premade Groups: Looking for Adventure.
For information on how to create a level-100 template character, submitting a bug report, or suggestion; check out Welcome to the Beta Test: PLEASE READ!
Good, wholesome fun for the whole family! We look forward to grouping with you. 🙂