Patch 5.4.8 is coming to the live servers this week and it seems that the double valor point buff and increased quest item droprate buff for the legendary quest chain will not be released with it! Rygarius tweeted that more information will follow on them at a later date! Be sure to cap out your valor points this week if you still can, as we will be getting the 4x item upgrades this week!
@Rhykes_ Only content that’s going live are patch noted. There will be additional information on that at a later date.
— Rygarius (@Rygarius) May 19, 2014
@Sprts121 We’re working on an article with more info on how that’ll work.
— Rygarius (@Rygarius) May 20, 2014
Updated May 19
- Resolved an issue where Cat Form’s movement speed bonus was stacking incorrectly with Warrior’s version of Stampeding Shout granted via Symbiosis.
- Burst of Speed can now be activated to remove movement-slowing effects even if another movement speed bonus such as Sprint is already present (the speed bonuses will still not stack).
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- General Nazgrim
- General Nazgrim no longer calls in an additional wave of forces at 10% health on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Garrosh Hellscream
- Increased berserk timer for Garrosh Hellscream to 25 minutes (up from 18 minutes) on Raid Finder difficulty.
- General Nazgrim
- All upgradable epic quality items introduced in Patch 5.4 (items found in Siege of Orgrimmar and Timeless Isle) are now eligible to be upgraded an additional 2 times for a total increase of 16 item levels.
- Heirloom weapons awarded by Garrosh Hellscream have been increased by 8 item levels to keep them competitive with the additional 2 upgrade levels given to other items.
- Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court now sells a token called Deeds of Valor for 3000 Timeless Coins. When used, Deeds of Valor grants 100 Valor Points to the character, up to the 1000 Valor Point maximum per week.
- For additional details behind this change, please check out the forum thread titled: Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8.
- UI Add-Ons are no longer able to update a number of CVars while the player is in combat. A complete listing of CVars affected by this change can be found in the forum thread titled: 5.4.8 Changes to CVars While In-Combat.
- Going to Need a Bigger Bag is now an account-wide achievement and items obtained by all characters on the account now contribute credit towards completion. This means the achievement can be completed by obtaining all the required items across multiple characters instead of having a single character obtain all the items needed.