Polygon recently interviewed lead designer Ion Hazzikostas about 6.2 and the future of WoW. You can read the full interview here. Below is a summary of the new bits of news:
- They will add a couple of reputations for players to earn from multiple factions in Tanaan Jungle.
- You can gain these by defending certain areas that come under attack or by hunting rare creatures.
- Awards will include cosmetic upgrades, some player power items and some convenience items.
- There will be no flying in Draenor. And there might not be in future expansions.
- “The world feels larger, feels more dangerous. There’s more room for exploration, for secrets, for discovery and overall immersion in the world. At this point, we feel that outdoor gameplay in World of Warcraft is ultimately better without flying. We’re not going to be reintroducing the ability to fly in Draenor, and that’s kind of where we’re at going forward.”
- There might be flight options in specific expansion ideas or zones that would benefit from it
- Patch 6.2 will not be the last content patch of Warlords of Draenor.
- “We’ve got plenty of more story to be told after this”
- Patch 6.2 will be released “soon”.