Legion Alpha Test – Stormheim and Highmountain Open for Exploration
Now that thanksgiving is over a lot more content has been released on the Legion Alpha!
The World of Warcraft: Legion alpha test is now underway! A small group of testers have already been trying their hand at the Demon Hunter, and today we’ve added some new areas for players to check out. Alpha testers can now explore the Stormheim and Highmountain zones, as well as the Halls of Valor dungeon. All classes except for Shaman are now available; character copy is currently disabled, but testers can create high-level characters using templates we’ve provided.
There’s no NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for the Legion alpha, so those invited to play are free to stream the game and take screenshots or movies. Please keep in mind that Legion is still in development—we’ll be making changes to the game as we continue to prepare for the upcoming beta test, and what you’ll see during the alpha test is not necessarily representative of the final game.
Players selected to participate in the alpha will receive an email invitation directing them to download the alpha client directly from their Battle.net account. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Legion alpha license attached (under Your Game Accounts).Getting Started
- If you’ve been selected to participate in the Legion alpha, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have it installed, get started here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games on the left.
- In the Region/Account drop-down menu above the Play button, choose Alpha: Legion (listed under In Development), then click Install.
- Allow installation to complete, and click Play.
Once you’ve launched the game, use the Legion alpha template to create a character. This is located near the Enter World button.
We’d love to hear about your experiences on the Broken Isles, so once you’ve had a chance to play, please send us your feedback.
- For general feedback, use the in-game Feedback interface.
- For crashes, please use the Crash Reporter feature that appears when the client crashes.
- For general game bugs, use the in-game Bug Report interface.
- If you’re getting a wrong version error, please uninstall and reinstall the client.
- Discuss the alpha with your fellow testers in our Legion alpha General Discussion and Bug Report forums.
How do I opt in?
Once you’ve set up a Battle.net account and have attached at least one Blizzard game, you can choose to opt in to future beta tests from the Beta Profile page—just check the box next to which games you’re interested in testing. Once that’s complete, it’s simply a matter of waiting for an invitation.
Adopt Brightpaw Now for Make-A-Wish®
Cooler temperatures are here, but we have just the thing to warm your heart—meet Brightpaw the Mana Kitty, a brand-new pet available to adopt now through the Battle.net Shop! From now until December 31, 2015, 100% of this feline friend’s adoption fee will go to support Make-A-Wish®, helping them grant the wishes of children throughout the world with life threatening medical conditions.
For more information about Make-A-Wish, visit wish.org.
*Gifting is temporarily unavailable and should be available shortly.
Shipyard Changes Ahoy – Dec. 2
• Rare Naval Missions have an increased chance to appear.
• The bonuses provided by assist equipment, such as Ammo Reserves or Automated Sky Scanner, have been increased by 100%.
• Increasing the chance of success on a naval mission will now also decrease the chance a ship will be destroyed on failure. If the mission success chance is increased to 90% or greater, no ships will be lost on the mission.
• Blockade Mission duration is now 30 minutes (was 4 hours).
• Blockade Missions will respawn after 7 days (was 5 days).
• The Oil cost for Blockade Missions is now 50 (was 100).
• The bonus chance to Mission success provided by Human or Undead crews will be 50% higher.
• The bonus chance to Missions success provided by a Pandaren crew will be 33% higher
• The Pandaren Crew bonus will apply to Missions that are 12 hours or longer (was 18 hours).
The changes above are all live now. Here are a couple of notes to keep in mind:
• If you try to use a scroll that instantly completes a Blockade mission that was already in progress when we made this hotfix, it will reset the time on the mission.
• Blockade Missions that were already in progress will still need 4 hours to complete.
We’ll see you at the Shipyard!